DSpace Repository

TCS Matrix: Evaluation of Optimal Energy Retrofitting Strategies

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author González, Aránzazu Galán
dc.contributor.author Bouillard, Philippe
dc.contributor.author Román, Consolación Ana Acha
dc.contributor.author Trachte, Sophie
dc.contributor.author Evrard, Arnaud
dc.creator Aránzazu Galán, González
dc.date.accessioned 2017-12-22T03:09:16Z
dc.date.available 2017-12-22T03:09:16Z
dc.date.issued 2015-12-01
dc.identifier DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2015.12.200
dc.identifier.citation Aránzazu Galán González, Philippe Bouillard, Consolación Ana Acha Román, Sophie Trachte, Arnaud Evrard, TCS Matrix: Evaluation of Optimal Energy Retrofitting Strategies, In Energy Procedia, Volume 83, 2015, Pages 101-110 en_US
dc.identifier.issn 18766102
dc.identifier.uri https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1876610215028659
dc.identifier.uri http://nur.nu.edu.kz/handle/123456789/3011
dc.description.abstract Abstract Renovating the existing building stock is well recognized in the construction industry as a very important issue. While the number of new buildings annually provides maximum 1% to the building stock, the other 99% represent buildings which are already built. Studies show that the environmental impact to extend the life of a building is definitely smaller than that of demolition and new construction. Recent figures suggest that the residential sector can provide significant reductions in energy consumption.As many vital decisions are taken in the early stages of the refurbishment process, planners need tools that will help them create better and more sustainable retrofitting projects based on the improvement of the building energy performance.This study describes a methodology to support decision making in the retrofitting of the existing building stock of the Leopold Quarter in Brussels to enable the development of an integrated strategy for different cases and specifications. It is intended that the planners know since an early stage, the energy impact of the project according to the selected interventions.All the proposed retrofitting strategies are compiled in a database that is the basis of the tool named TCS Matrix (TCS stands for: Typology, Component, Solution).This paper provides an insight of the methodology to create the aforementioned databases as well as a series of scenarios that supposes a first step of the aimed methodology to identify in an early stage the best solutions for this specific part of the building stock to achieve the energy efficiency targets defined by the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive. en_US
dc.language.iso en en_US
dc.publisher Energy Procedia en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Energy Procedia
dc.subject Building stock en_US
dc.subject Building energy retrofit en_US
dc.subject energy integration strategies en_US
dc.subject retrofitting en_US
dc.subject renewable energy en_US
dc.subject methodology en_US
dc.subject Design tools. en_US
dc.title TCS Matrix: Evaluation of Optimal Energy Retrofitting Strategies en_US
dc.type Article en_US
dc.rights.license Copyright © 2015 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.
elsevier.identifier.doi 10.1016/j.egypro.2015.12.200
elsevier.identifier.eid 1-s2.0-S1876610215028659
elsevier.identifier.pii S1876-6102(15)02865-9
elsevier.identifier.scopusid 84958168114
elsevier.volume 83
elsevier.issue.name Sustainability in Energy and Buildings: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference SEB-15
elsevier.coverdate 2015-12-01
elsevier.coverdisplaydate December 2015
elsevier.startingpage 101
elsevier.endingpage 110
elsevier.openaccess 1
elsevier.openaccessarticle true
elsevier.openarchivearticle false
elsevier.openaccessuserlicense http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
elsevier.teaser Renovating the existing building stock is well recognized in the construction industry as a very important issue. While the number of new buildings annually provides maximum 1% to the building stock,...
elsevier.aggregationtype Journal
workflow.import.source science

Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Video Guide

Submission guideSubmission guide

Submit your materials for publication to

NU Repository Drive


My Account